Capital Improvement Projects
Ongoing 2022 Capital Improvement Projects
Below is an overview of the ongoing Capital Improvement Projects throughout the Village.
67th Street Rebuild Project
This project includes a 2.5" mill and resurface of 67th Street between Route 83/Kingery Hwy and Snug Harbor Dr, spot repairs to sidewalks and a complete removal and replacement of all curbs along the street. The project began mid-September and features a 40 working day timeframe, thus completion is anticipated in early November. This section of 67th St is located just south of Lake Hinsdale Village.
Community Resource Center
This project includes the renovation of the building and parking lot located directly east of Willowbrook Village Hall. Upon completion, the Community Resource Center will feature:
- A Board Room that will host all Village Board of Trustee meetings, Plan Commission meetings, and other community engagement events as scheduled.
- A Recreation Room that will host a variety of Parks & Recreation Department programming along with other community engagement events as scheduled.
- The office of our Recreational Services Coordinator, Carrie Navins.
The anticipated completion date for this project is early December, 2022.
This project includes a complete refurnishing of Ridgemoor Park. New improvements to the park consist of:
- A new Playground Structure
- A new "Pour in Place" rubber surface surrounding the Playground
- New concrete paths and surfaces in and around the park
- A new Pavilion and Picnic Tables
- Permanently installed Bag/Cornhole sets
- New Park Benches
This project began in mid-June and is anticipated to be completed during the week of October 10, 2022 when the new pavilion structure will be installed.
Rogers Park Subdivision Resurfacing Project
This project includes a 2" mill and resurfacing of eight streets (Oxford, Hill, Tremont, Wesley, Briar, Raleigh, Sunset Ridge, and Rogers farm Rd), spot repairs along curbs and sidewalks, storm basin adjustments, and ADA improvements. The project began mid-September with a 25 working day timeframe. Rogers Farm is located just north of the Waterford subdivision. It consists of 77 homes and is surrounded by two Village parks.