Borse Memorial Community Park Improvements - CIP 2023/2024
Last Content Update:
• New permeable paver parking lot off of Eleanor Place (71 spaces and an estimated 50 trees installation, project estimated for Summer/Fall of 2023)
• Storm water improvements at Midway and Borse Park (Summer/Fall 2023)
• Expanded concrete walking path (increase pathway by 0.4 miles, from .0.27 miles to 0.67 miles) (Spring 2024)
• Replacement of current pavilions (Spring 2024)
• Replacement and conversion of the current asphalt parking lot to permeable paver (86 parking spaces) (Summer/Fall 2024)
• Softball game field enhancements (outfield fence, scoreboard, and stands) (Spring 2024)
• Softball field training and warm-up area (Summer 2024)
• Pedestrian bridge over (connecting Eleanor lot to the north pathway in the park) (Summer 2024)
• Tree plantings and beautification (Estimated 40 trees installation – Fall 2024)
• Pickleball courts (Summer 2024)
• New playground with pour-in-place ADA accessible surface (Summer 2025)
• New Splash Pad (Summer 2025)
This project is being funded by the Village's General Fund, ARPA Funds, and Grants.
August 2023 Project Update
The first phase of the Borse Park Improvement Project will begin with the installation of the Eleanor Place permeable paver parking lot. This installation will take place in fall 2023.
Additionally, storm water infrastructure in the park will be replaced and upgraded in the fall following the conclusion of the BRW Fall softball season. These components of the project will enable future phases of the development to occur without major disruptions to park activities.