Recruitment - PD
To view current Police Department openings, visit our Village Employment webpage. Application instructions are included on each job posting link.
Current Department Employment Opportunities:
The Village is now hiring for the following positions:
- Police Department Internship (Non-Paid)
- Police Officer - Lateral Entry
Lateral Transfer Police Officer
The Willowbrook Police Department accepts applications from full-time sworn police officers in an effort to aid in recruitment and create a lateral entry eligibility. The Willowbrook Police Department is comprised of 26 full-time sworn police officers including the Chief of Police, and three full-time civilian employees. Click here to view 2023 Lateral Transfer Information.
Entry Level Police Officer
The Willowbrook Police Department and the Board of Fire and Police Commission work collaboratively to establish a Police Officer Eligibility List. For entry level information click here.
- 21 years of age to under 35 years of age at time of application and at such time as the initial eligibility list is posted (unless otherwise exempt by statute);
- U.S. Citizenship;
- One of the following:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university OR
- An Associate's degree in Criminal Justice or Law Enforcement from an accredited college/university OR
- The College requirement may be waived if one or more of the following applies:
- the applicant has served for 24 months of honorable active duty in the United States Armed Forces and has not been discharged dishonorably or under circumstances other than honorable or
- the applicant has served for 180 days of active duty in the United States Armed Forces in combat duty recognized by the Department of Defense and has not been discharged dishonorably or under circumstances other than honorable
- Illinois Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) test card issued by a licensed agency issued within six (6) months prior to the written examination
- POWER Cards accepted from these licensed agencies: NIPSTA, Joliet Junior College, Triton College
- Eyesight correctable to 20/20 in each eye, normal depth perception and no color blindness that would prevent an individual from performing the essential functions of the job;
- No felony convictions involving moral turpitude, as specified in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6;
- Tattoos must be covered while wearing any form of the required uniform or apparel.
Willowbrook Police Department Internship - Non-paid
This program that will allow selected students from recognized colleges and universities who are pursuing a degree in the field of Criminal Justice to experience and observe the day-to-day operations and functions of the Willowbrook Police Department. The Willowbrook Police Department partners with recognized colleges and universities that have an active internship program, to provide a supervised internship program for selected students pursuing degrees in the field of Criminal Justice or related field. Interns are under the supervision of the Internship Coordinator, and the intent of this program is to enhance the caliber of people entering the law enforcement profession, and as a recruiting tool. This is a non-paid internship. Click here to view the internship application.
Interested in applying? Please contact the Willowbrook Police Department at (630) 325-2808 or the Willowbrook Board of Police Commissioners at (630) 323-8215.