Police Officer Minimum Requirements:
Applicants for lateral transfer Police Officer appointments must meet the following minimum qualifications and requirements at the time of application:
- Have been employed, whether currently or in the past, for at least (2) years as a full-time, non-probationary, sworn law enforcement officer by a Federal, State, County or local law enforcement agency. Applicants must be in good standing with the agency in which they served. (Part-time certification as a law enforcement officer does not meet this requirement.)
- Must have successfully completed the Illinois Basic Law Enforcement Academy and possess certification from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board or be qualified to take the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board "Out of State Reciprocity" examination. (Part-time certification as a law enforcement officer does not meet this requirement.)
- Individuals must be at least 23 years old.
- Education – Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university OR an Associate's degree in Criminal Justice or Law Enforcement from an accredited college/university OR the college education requirement may be waived if one or more of the following applies: (1) the applicant has served for 24 months of honorable active duty in the United States Armed Forces and has not been discharged dishonorably or under circumstances other than honorable or (2) the applicant has served for 180 days of active duty in the United States Armed Forces in combat duty recognized by the Department of Defense and has not been discharged dishonorably or under circumstances other than honorable
- Valid Driver's License.
- Must agree to comply with all requirements of the position and have the ability to pass all examination and training requirements.
- Must agree to comply with all requirements regarding Tattoos and Body Art Restrictions
Each phase of the process is pass / fail and a "pass" is required to proceed to the next phase.
- Review of application material.
- Background investigation.
- Post-offer examinations, including but not limited to: psychological assessment; polygraph; medical examination; and drug screening. Lateral Eligible Police Officer Candidate Pool
- A lateral transfer Police Officer candidate pool will be established from qualified applicants that submit the required application materials by the application deadline, and pass the interview and background investigation.
- The Chief of Police's selection from the lateral transfer candidate pool shall be based upon the relative excellence of the applicants, as determined by the Chief of Police.
- In the event that the selection process identifies applicants who have certain knowledge, skills and abilities that make those applicants more desirable for the position sought to be filled, the Chief of Police may choose to appoint those applicants.
- The candidates' names on the pool list will be maintained in alphabetical order.
- The lateral hire candidates' pool will be valid for one year from the date of posting of the pool list by the Village.
Deputy Chief Lauren Kaspar
Applications must be hand delivered or mailed directly to:
Willowbrook Police Department
7760 S. Quincy Street
Willowbrook, IL 60527
Application Deadline 12/16/2022
The Village of Willowbrook is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Lateral Transfer Supplemental Application