The automated traffic enforcement system for traffic lights works as follows:
- The automated traffic enforcement camera operates only when the traffic light is red, capturing images of actual violations.
- The camera captures three photographic images of the alleged red light violation:
- The first image provides a view of the vehicle before crossing the white stop line and shows the traffic light is red.
- The second image shows that the vehicle has continued through the intersection while the traffic light remains red.
- The third image shows the license plate of the offending vehicle.
- After the camera captures an alleged red light violation, the violation will be reviewed by a Village of Willowbrook Traffic Review Officer.
- If you receive a violation, you may view the video of the violation online. You will need your citation number in order to log in to the Online Violation Payment Site.