Halloween is just around the corner and the following are some tips to keep everyone safe:
1. Welcome trick-or-treaters at your home by turning on your exterior lights.
2. Drive slowly all evening. Be alert for children who may suddenly cross in your path.
3. Check the costumes that your children are wearing and ensure that they are flame retardant and that their visibility is not obscured.
4. Keep the costumes short to prevent trips, falls, and other bumps during the night.
5. Make sure that the children are wearing light colored clothing or put reflective tape on their costumes.
6. Make sure older kids go out with friends. Younger children should be accompanied by an adult.
7. Kids need to know not to eat their treats until they get home. Check out all treats at home.
8. Only eat unopened candies and other treats that are in their original wrappers. Inspect fruit and homemade goodies for anything suspicious.
Hours for trick-or-treating are between the hours of 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. on October 31st. The Willowbrook Police Department will again be passing out glow-in-the-dark necklaces to trick or-treaters on Halloween.
Please call the Village Hall at (630) 323-8215 with any questions regarding Halloween rules and regulations.