On Saturday, August 6, 2016 at approximately 9:00 pm, a Willowbrook resident was robbed at gunpoint in the area of Rodgers and Somerset in the Waterford Subdivision. The offenders were described as three male blacks approximately 16 years of age driving a black sedan with Illinois partial registration N66. The above vehicle and offenders matched the description and are believed to be related to armed robberies that occurred on August 6, 2016 in Country Club Hills, University Park, Matteson, Romeoville, and Darien.
The offenders were driving a 2015 black Hyundai Sonata with Illinois registration N665581 which was reported stolen out of Darien.
The following safeguards should be implemented into your daily activities:
• Keep Eyes and Ears Open, Hands Free. It is important to be alert to who and what is around you.
• Don’t walk or jog early in the morning or late at night when the streets are deserted.
• Carry only the money you will need on a particular day.
• Don’t display your cash or any other inviting targets such as pagers, cell phones, hand-held electronic games, or expensive jewelry and clothing.
• If you think someone is following you, switch directions or cross the street. If the person continues to follow you, move quickly toward an open store or restaurant or a lighted house. Don’t be afraid to call 9-1-1.
• Try to park in well-lighted areas with good visibility and close to walkways, stores, and people.
• Make sure you have your key out as you approach your door.
• Always lock your car, even if it’s in your own driveway; never leave your motor running.
• Do everything you can to keep a stranger from getting into your car or to keep a stranger from forcing you into his or her car.
• If someone tries to rob you, give up your property—don’t give up your life.
• If you are robbed or assaulted, report the crime to the police. Try to describe the attacker accurately. Your actions can help prevent someone else from becoming a victim.
For further safety tips, please go to: National Crime Prevention Council