Celebration / Memorial Program
Help Make Our Parks More Beautiful
The Village of Willowbrook is very pleased to offer a Celebration / Memorial Program that allows you to make a contribution for a new or existing tree or bench in one of Willowbrook's parks in someone's name or, if you wish, simply contribute to make our parks more beautiful. All funds from this program are used to manage the program and to add more trees to Willowbrook's parks.
Trees and benches can be purchased as a gift to a friend, to celebrate the birth of a child, a marriage, or another momentous event in your family or to memorialize a loved one. This long-lasting gift serves as a perpetual reminder of those people and events that make our lives special.
Donations of trees have many benefits to our environment such as:
- Trees absorb carbon dioxide and convert it into the oxygen we breathe
- The roots of trees often trap pollutants that would normally contaminate the soil
- Trees hold the soil in place and reduce erosion
- Decaying and dead leaves return nutrients to the ground
- Trees assist in climate control, reducing the need for air conditioning and reducing pollution
- Trees provide shelter and breeding places for wildlife